“Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!” From the start, Dorothy from Wizard of Oz made a daring fashion statement with her blue gingham-patterned dress. Since then, gingham uniforms have been improving and looking better and better. While gingham was not a staple in people’s wardrobe in the 1700s, 2017 has made this the top trend of the year.
From less expensive tops to higher end dresses, these 10 clothing pieces add a vintage and trendy pattern to any look.
1. Forever 21 Gingham Plaid Crop Top ($14.90)
Perfect to pair with any bottom, this top adds a simple yet stylish look to your outfit. With small yet noticeable ruffles, this top provides a romantic-styled design.
2. Brandy Melville Juliette Skirt ($30.00)
The stretchy material of this skirt creates a comfort unlike any other. Comfortable, trendy, and cute – this skirt has it all!
3. Urban Outfitters Cooperative Straight Neck Gingham Dress ($59.00)
With a soft, cotton material, this light-weight dress provides a complimenting fit towards any body type. Containing a variety of different colors, this sundress makes a bold fashion statement.
4. J. Crew Eyelet Trim Puckered Gingham Sundress ($138.00)
Combining the gingham trend with the below-the-knee dress trend has been the perfect combination of the year. With simple but stunning details, this dress flatters all.
5. Diane Von Furstenberg Check Ruffle Hem Wrap Dress ($598.00)
With a simple yet fancy design, Diane Von Furstenberg showed a different perspective to the gingham trend. Comfortable, chic, and ruffly!
6. Topshop MOTO Gingham Embroidered Pinafore Dress ($85.00)
Perfect for layering, this dress combines the look of overalls with the simple shape of a sundress. To add to the cuteness of the gingham pattern, this dress also shows off simple floral patches.
7. Topshop Gingham Tie Headband ($12.00)
This headband is perfect to accessorize any outfit that needs a trendy design. Similar to older retro-styles, this headband-style is making its way back to trending.
8. Nasty Gal Off the Grid Gingham Crop Top ($30.00)
This crop top’s unique style makes any outfit go from boring to stylish. With a comfortable and tight fit, this top is admired by all.
9. Nasty Gal Sunday Afternoon Gingham Top ($40.00)
Once again, nothing could ever go wrong when combining floral embroidery and gingham patterns. This top creates a genuine-look for a sunny day.
10. Rag & Bone Archer Gingham Blazer ($595.00)
Need to spice up a casual look? This blazer provides a different outlook to an easygoing outfit.
Shop Gingham Looks